How does the The Cooks Collective work?
The Cooks Collective Companion is a trusted source of inspiration for your home kitchen. You’ll never be short of meal ideas as you explore our delicious recipes and entertaining video tutorials – but we’re more than just another recipe website, we have been teaching for over 20 years at our cooking school in Perth, Western Australia. With well over 75,000 people having come through our kitchen, we’ll guarantee with our expert guidance you will love cooking more and find it becomes easier and more pleasurable as you broaden your home culinary skills.
If you enjoy food and cooking already, you’ll love the insights, tips and professional teaching the team provide with a sparkle in their eye! If you have any questions, we welcome you getting in touch with us. We’re your personal cooking teachers and are here for you!
Using The Cooks Collective
How do I save a recipe to revisit later?
If you see something you love, you can save it to your Favourites. Click on the heart in the right hand corner of each recipe or technique and it will automatically save. Revisit later when you’re ready to cook in our Favourites section.
Can I print the recipes?
Of course! Within your web browser in the top toolbar menu, use the print function.
Account & Billing
Will my subscription auto-renew?
Yes, our subscriptions will automatically renew after the selected time period . If this is not for you, you are a welcome to cancel your subscription at any time from your Profile in The Cooks Collective.
How do the payments work?
The Cooks Collective is a subscription, once you make your first payment all of the work is done. Payments will automatically be processed on the next date of your subscription. You can cancel your subscription at any time and still continue to have full access to The Cooks Collective until the end of your paid period.
Can you explain my payment options to me?
Of course! The Cooks Collective is $49.00/year (We’ve done the maths for you, it works out to be (just over) $4.00 a month!)
To make this as seamless as possible, we use a third party payment system called Stripe – a leading company in secure online payments. To read Stripes security guide, head to https://stripe.com/docs/security/stripe
I already have a subscription, can I use a voucher code?
To use a voucher you need to sign up for a new subscription. We recommend to wait until the end of your paid subscription and then cancel that subsciption. You will then be able to sign up again and use the voucher!
No need to sign up for a new account, all your favourites and relevany account information will still be available!
How do I cancel my subscription?
You can upgrade or cancel your account in your profile under subscriptions.
How do I reactivate my account?
If your subscription has lapsed, head to our sign up page and re-join!
If you have unsubscribed before your membership lapsed, you’ll still have access until the anniversary date rolls around.
How do I update my account information, including my password?
Your profile page has all relevant information about your account, password and your subscription.
How do I login to my account?
Go to our Login page and input your username and password. For your username you can also input the email address you used to sign up. If you have forgotten your password, use the I forgot my password link on the Login page.
How do I update my payment information?
Go to your profile page and select the subscriptions tab, at the bottom you will see an action called update from here you can update your subscription with your latest payment details.
I didn’t receive the ‘reset password’ email
Okay let’s do some troubleshooting. Double check you are using the email you signed up to The Cooks Collective. All correct? Have you checked your spam or junk folder just in case our email has landed in there? If you still haven’t got it, please contact our team at email@example.com
Get in touch
How do I contact you?
I’ve messaged The Cooks Collective team but I haven’t heard back
Don’t worry – we’re getting to your request as soon as we can. Please note that while we are active on Facebook and Instagram, we don’t have a marketing team who monitor social media 24/7! It’s really us who reply and often we are busy cooking! So if you have commented or messaged us after hours (WST) you’ll hear back from us on the next working day. An email follow up if urgent may assist your enquiry in reaching us.
To assist you in cooking our recipes successfully, here are a few guidelines
- All recipes are written in metric Australian Standard Measures.
- 1tsp = 5ml
- 1Tbsp = 20ml
- ¼ cup = 60ml
- ⅓ cup = 80ml
- ½ cup = 125ml
- 1 cup = 250ml
- All dairy products used during testing and cooking in class and on video productions are full fat.
- All eggs are extra-large / 59gm / 700gm box of a dozen
- tsp = teaspoon and Tbsp = tablespoon measured flat not heaped or rounded.
- We assume all fruit and vegetables are washed before using.
- We advise using digital scales to ensure accurate measuring.
- All oven temperatures are fan forced.
- Salt flakes are used in our recipes. 1tsp salt flakes weighs 3-4gm and 1tsp granular salt weighs 6-8gm. Take care when measuring and adjust to your taste.
- Time noted for each recipe includes preparation and cooking of the dish. It is meant as a guide only and may vary depending on your cooking ability.
- Dietary requirements are important due to so many allergies and intollerances. If the recipe states it is Gluten Free but there is a bottle sauce in the ingredients e.g. soy, we assume that you choose a gluten free brand.
- We test our recipes numerous times at the cooking school and then often in class with the general public cooking them! We also cook them at home for our families in a domestic kitchen. This way, our hope is that we make them as accurate and real-life (and of course delicious) as possible. If you spot a mistake, whether it’s a typo or something more serious you are welcome to let us know.
- Also remember we are here to assist you in improving your culinary skills. If something doesn’t turn out how you think it should or you are disappointed in what you’ve cooked from recipes on TCC, let us know what happened and we’ll see if we can give you some pointers. We are like your sports coach, but for the kitchen and we want to see you win!
Can’t find the answer you’re searching for? Not a problem! Fill in the form below and our team will get back to you as soon as possible